Wednesday, June 1, 2016

Sophomore Year and going back.

I have written, rewritten and mulled over this post for months.

So. much. life.

This second year in Tennessee has run the gamut of emotions-

New beginnings and opportunities. Loss. Stress. Growth. Chronic Pain.  Depression. Daily lessons in trusting in the LORD in all things.

We have sadly said goodbye to wonderful new friends, moving away for all the right reasons, large home repairs. Construction. Health issues. Stress. Tears.

Above all, we have been loved on and blessed by the Lord through friends near and far, being the hands and feet of Jesus when we have needed it most. We are so thankful for the Lord's provisions,  including answered and unanswered prayers, even in the tiniest detail. He knows exactly what we NEED at all times, even when He doesn't give us what we think we need in that moment.

Looking forward-

The kids and I are heading back to Seattle for the month of July, Josh will join us near the end.

This will be the first time in 2 years since we have been back. I was back for a couple days in January for my grandmother's passing, but it was such a blip, it didn't really count. I crammed as much LIFE as possible in those few days-it was a whirlwind, but a blessing.

Bedside table flowers and See's chocolates, french press coffee waiting for me in the AM,  Teriyaki delivered late at night, Pike Place Market, Thai Food, connecting with family,  celebrating the life of my sweet Grandma and early morning breakfast dates with precious friends.

I am excited to go back. We have a list of things we want to do and see, planning get togethers with family, friends. Did I mention TERIYAKI?!


while I am away I will miss-

fireflies.
sitting on the front porch with Josh.
cardinals.
the cacophony of bird noises during the day.
the cacophony of bug noises at night.
the summer HEAT.
Franklin.
motorcycle rides on the trace with Josh.
walking the plantation.
my street.
my home.


Even with the challenges and trials we have endured the last two years, we have incredible peace, this is where we belong.
 I can't truly call Seattle "home"since it isn't anymore. Tennessee has my heart.

Bittersweet.


Micah 7:7



But as for me, I will watch expectantly for the LORD; 
  I will wait for the God of my salvation. 

            My God will hear me.









Have you moved away from the home of your youth? How do you feel about your new home vs where you came from? What was your experience the first time going back after moving away? Places change while we are away, how have you changed?








No comments:

Post a Comment