Wednesday, November 27, 2013

Reality.

Wow.
We are really doing this.
For a couple months it was more of an 'idea'-- "wouldn't  it be neat to live in Tennessee?" and then "When we move to Tennessee"...
  I was jolted into this new reality when I saw Josh's current city listed as "Franklin, Tennessee" on Facebook.
 I  got teary eyed when I saw the Olympic Mountains from I-90 heading into Seattle a couple of weeks ago, contrasted with the beautiful bright blue skies.
I am going to miss my Mt. Rainier, when it decides to make an appearance behind the Safeway in Maple Valley.
 Our weekdays still look mostly the same without Josh here. We were used to him being home around 8 pm. Even later some nights, so it still doesn't really seem that he is so far away. It is surreal to think that he is so far away, that he couldn't just 'pop' home. There are no direct flights to Nashville from Seattle. The trip is a minimum of 7 hours. Weekends are harder. I am thankful that the Christmas Season is upon us, so we will have more things to fill up our weekends ( besides packing!)
My house no longer seems a 'home' or even ours. As I take curtains and pictures off the walls, and the boxes are starting to stack up, it becomes less and less personal. Maybe because my heart is already in Tennessee.

No comments:

Post a Comment