Sunday, December 8, 2013

Frozen!

Woke up to no water this AM... no shower, which is bad because when I looked in the mirror I literally looked like  this guy..minus the hair color..
Praying that we don't have any burst pipes, waiting for things to warm up a bit, so we can check. Temperature is still in the teens here, and not expected to get above freezing until later this week. We may even see some snow! Right now it is just beautiful 19 degrees and (COLD) blue skies!

 So grateful for friends and family helping out. MIL stopped by with some bottled water, which enabled me to have my first cup of coffee, and my BIL is stopping by after church. I was on Facetime with Josh when I first noticed it, and checked the hot water tank, checked the garage for leaks, and checked the meter outside.

 Meanwhile, we are thankful for a warm home, and plenty to eat- although the cats are sure they are starving...
In TN news, I am leaving on Friday! Only a few more days and I will see Josh. We may have found a house to rent, it is closer to Nashville than we planned, but still keeps his commute around 20 minutes avoiding the major roads that can become backed up. As much as we laugh about the 'traffic' in Nashville compared to here, there are a few places that get backed up badly. The house is larger than ours, on 3 acres, and close to shopping- apparently there is a Publix and a few other amenities very nearby.
Here is the link- We are praying for the Lord's direction as to whether or not this is the home for us. It seems like a great opportunity as we are planning on renting for a year before we sell here and buy a home in Tennessee.
http://www.zillow.com/homedetails/5821-Claxton-Ct-Nashville-TN-37221/41191154_zpid/

It is a little dated, but I know that we can make it a home quickly. Just eager to have all of our family/pets together in one state. Josh is going to go check it out today.

*update- the house was neat, but just rented out this weekend. Looking at another today, meeting with the same rental agent as the house above. I know the Lord will provide the perfect house for our family when the time is right. I am just eager to have my ducks in a row. In the meantime,I am going to start reading the new book I was given yesterday- "Choosing Gratitude" by Nancy Leigh De Moss....

No comments:

Post a Comment